KIDS ARE THE GREATEST TREASURE!
At Canton First UMC our kids know Christ! All of our staff have a true heart for children and are dedicated to the spiritual growth of your child.
We believe that kids can learn about their God, and have fun doing it. We gear all our activities for the kids so that they leave wanting to come back for more.
If you are searching for a dynamic, fun, loving and out of this world children’s program then you have found it. Come check us out or call the church office. We are here to help!
We are a safe sanctuary church so be ready to fill out some information about your child any time you leave them in our care. It doesn’t take long and helps us maintain a safe environment.
SUNDAY MORNINGS: WHERE DO I TAKE MY CHILD?
9:30 am Hour: Sunday school classes for all ages start at 9:45 am. You can sign your child in directly to their Sunday School class downstairs (there are brightly colored signs with the grade over the doors) OR if you are attending the 9:30 service, bring your child with you for the first few minutes. When Rev. Jim calls the children down for the children’s moment, send your kids down and some of our fabulous adults will lead all of the children downstairs to the correct Sunday School rooms.
11:00am Hour: Children begin the 11am hour in 11am worship with their parents. After the children’s moment with Rev. Jim, some of our fabulous adults will lead all of the children to Children’s Church downstairs. (Pick-up from Children’s Church is in Room 118 downstairs.)
Anyone with kids who attends 9:30 worship and 11am Small Group: Because you aren’t in 11am worship to watch your child for the first few minutes and send them downstairs with the rest of the children, we have a special group just for your kids. Sign your child out of Sunday School and bring them to room 119. From 10:45 until Children’s Church begins (around 11:15), this group will do Bible study some weeks, play games some weeks, and focus on missions other weeks. We vary our activity, but we always have FUN and stay safe!!
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE THERE ON SUNDAYS?
SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES: At Canton First we have classes for all ages. We are currently using “Rock Solid” curriculum by Cokesbury. In September, we will be using a new curriculum called “Grow ~ Live ~ Proclaim!” We know kids love to have fun, so we design our teaching and learning around just that. When kids come to our Sunday classes they leave wanting to come back. What more could you want!
We divide them up so they can have the best experience possible so check them out below and get them here…we will take care of the rest!
4 YEAR OLDS –Room 115
1st GRADE CLASS –Room 103
2nd GRADE CLASS –Room 101
3rd GRADE CLASS –Room 106
4th GRADE CLASS –Room 104
5th & 6th GRADE CLASS –Room 126
CHILDREN’S CHURCH: Your kids will love children’s church at 11:15. The kids come down for the moment with Rev. Jim and then they file out to go downstairs. The 1st-6th graders will be in THE CHOIR ROOM . The 4-year-old through Kindergarten group will be in room 118. After church you can pick your kids up in rooms 120 (4-year-olds through Kindergarteners) and 118 (1st- 6th grade). If you are new you will need to get up with your child and follow them down to the worship room.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT ACTIVITIES
Wednesday Night Activities start back on August 15th!
After dinner, our children have a BLAST downstairs! We begin with some singing and dancing with all ages in one room to get the fun kick-started. Then we split-off into 3 different age groups for some super fun learning, activities, and choir!
Where do I take my child?
ALL children from 6th grade down to potty-trained 3-year-olds: Beginning at 6:15pm, you may sign your child in downstairs in the hallway outside the elevator (basically the middle of the church downstairs). If you are a first-time Wednesday nighter, you’ll have to fill out a basic info sheet on you and your child. After that, you’ll simply sign your child in on the master list and get a lanyard for you and for a them (for safety purposes). All kids will then go to Room 118 to begin the evening. After a few minutes of fun together, we will split into 3 groups. You can pick your child up in the following rooms:
- Preschoolers (3, 4, and 5-year-olds not in Kindergarten) – Room 113
- K-4th Graders – Room 126
- 5th & 6th Graders – Room 118
What will my child be doing?
- Preschoolers: Our preschoolers do some fun, hands-on lessons about God and the Bible that are loosely based on the same things our older kids are learning. We also learn some standard children’s songs PLUS some cool ones that Mrs. Jennifer writes herself!!! This group has more fun than you can imagine every week and they are growing regularly!
- K-4th Graders: This group is doing an Elevate Bible study series called “Adventures in Science” and they are having a BLAST!!! We’re also singing some great praise songs, hymns, and contemporary Christian songs. (We even dance along to our songs frequently!) This is a high-energy, super fabulous group!!
- 5th & 6th Graders: Our oldest kids are currently doing a study on prayer, and more specifically, “The Lord’s Prayer”. We’re learning more about how to pray, what to pray, when to pray, and about the example for prayer Jesus gave us. We’re keeping prayer journals and working on having more active, powerful prayer lives. We are also singing some great praise songs, hymns, and contemporary Christian songs (and doing a little dancing as well). This group is having fun while maturing in our relationship with God!